Saturday, February 8, 2014

Almost another week

Last week I started with steady state efforts, because with my cough it doesn't work to do hard intervals with deep/faster breathing. Those intervals were done around 270-280 watts (around 90% FTP). This week I wanted to do them at a bit higher intensity (around 280-290 watts).

This went quite OK actually. On Monday I did the 50 minutes with 285 watts on average with an average cadence of 100. My HR data is corrupt, I need to get a new battery for my Garmin Strap I think. On Wednesday I wanted to do the same, but the battery of my Garmin was empty and the wife took the computer for a course so I couldn't use Trainerroad. Nice then. I then did the training by feel, and I guess my cadence was around 100-110 in one gear lighter. So probably I did not do the 280-290 range, but 260-270.

Today I wanted to do a FTP effort for 40 minutes. That went quite OK, but the last 5 minutes I really overcooked. It was really hot so I stopped after 35 minutes, but the feeling was OK. Not good, not bad, but OK. I spinned for 5 minutes to end with a 5 minute 320 watt effort, which actually felt quite good. You can see the figure below. As you can see HR data is completely corrupt.

Tomorrow (if the weather is good) its the weekend endurance ride again. Hope to do at least 90km (let say ride for 3 hours) If the weather is good maybe I am also going to do a 20 minute test in my ride. But, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment