Saturday, August 16, 2014

Jigsaw

Last two weeks I have been doing some more short (anaerobic) interval work given the crits that are left. Up until now I haven't really done such efforts, but I have to say that I do like them and even after doing them a few times you do see results. 

The intervals were 1 minute on, 1 minute off. 4 times within a set and 4 minutes rest in between. I do three of those sets and I build them in my 2h rides. 


At first, I could barely hold on to the end of each minute at 400 watts average (around 135% FTP), but now I can hold them more easily at 430-450 (around 145%) watt average. Of course you can do variants of 30s on, 30 off etc but then at higher % of your FTP, but they need to go at least more than 120% of your FTP.

Why do I do them? To increase my anaerobic capacity. In this way it stimulates my lactate tolerance. You know that burning feeling in your legs. 

Next step you could do then is to add some more time at FTP (or SST) right after finishing the 1 minute to mimick an attack and settling to "steady state". 




No comments:

Post a Comment