Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bad 'training'

A bad training today. That is I did a race today and although the result (6th) might indicate somethhing different it was not a great training (nor race). My legs felt OK, but mentally I just did not have it. 

Because I was riding one category higher than normal I was a bit affraid beforehand if I would not be dropped. A ridiculous thought, but still that thought was going through my mind and although sitting very very relaxed in the pack the thought just did not go away and I could not get over it. I could not shift my mind to say: hey, let's attack. Just try something to ride away from these guys if it was only to get a preme. For some reason I could not make that shift and I just rode along a bit in the peleton. 

I did not have any fighting spirit, a spirit to  push yourself and to hurt yourself. I was affraid to hurt myself. Very strange. Monday training I am going to make up for that, for sure.


As you can see 50% of the time I did not pedal. Also relatively a lot of time was spend neuromusclar. It was a round of 1.7 km asfalt road and after every curve it  was pushing the pedals as you can see below. Pushing, relaxing, pushing, relaxing.


In the last round I was in a very bad position, but before the last two curves I rode hard through the wind to the front and (last 2 rounds 3 guys managed a small gap) kept going and going and apart from 2 other in front of me ended up 6th. 

NP for 1.05h was 273 and 238 AP. Ridiculously low to be honest, but understandable if you see the graphs above.

Most important lesson learned today:       

Have more confidence in yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment