Monday, April 7, 2014

TR Bird and no race

On Sunday I did not do a race. I planned to go, but unfortunately the weather was not that good but more importantly I felt quite bad due to the hay fever. My eyes hurt, my nose is running, my throat itches and I feel warm. In the evening I am tired and I fall asleep on the couch. Not quite my normal behaviour. So I decided and made the right decision; that is not to go. Listening to your body is not a bad thing to do. When the weather was good I went out for a small ('trying to relax') ride for myself.
 
On Friday I did a nice anaerobic workout from Trainerroad. It's called Bird. ''3 sets of 5x1-minute intervals at 130% FTP where recoveries between intervals are 1-minute long and recoveries between sets of intervals are 8 minutes long. '' The goal is to improve your maximum aerobic capacity (i.e. power that draws heavily from oxygen rather than sugar stores) by pinpointing repeatable 1-minute power to really stress your aerobic capabilities in order to improve them.
Raise your aerobic ceiling with these short, hard efforts so you can raise your FTP higher & higher without bumping up against a ceiling that's too low '' (Source: quoted from Trainerroad).
 
I did them at 410 watts and they are quite 'forgiving' (same as TR Clouds rest). If you keep the focus they are certainly doable. I like to do these on the Kurt because you can focus on pedalling and only pedalling.Out on the road I do find these more difficult because of the traffic in combination with the intensity (especially when coming towards the end of an interval set). Anyway, it went good.

No comments:

Post a Comment