Friday, April 25, 2014

First ride and bike fitting

Yesterday had my first ride with the Dogma. What a bike. It;s stiff when it needs to be, but it still absorbs the shocks on roads which are not that good. Also coming out of a corner it accelerates very fast, that is the feeling that it does not cost too much energy.

One thing though. My position on the bike is not good yet. The distance between the saddle and the handlebar felt not large enough which made me sit more upright and hence less aerodynamic. Also I feel I cannot push the power from my legs but more from my back. I did some measurements afterwardswards -also using a nice app called Bike Fast Fit- which confirmed the above visually (and with the angles). You can see some measurements in the small film below (and no, this is not Oscar material).


I also noticed that there was very little drift in my power2max S type. The offset was quite stable ranging from 883 to  887. Given an average per unit of approx. 1.5 watts this gives a 4x1.5w = 6 watts range. Given that it got colder along the ride this can be in line with that (note, something which is still quite annoying is that you can't check the autozero not turn it off, hopefully in the future....).
 
The ride itself was OK. A nice block of Treshold work and some Tempo. On Saterday Liege-Bastogne_Liege 167km. Should be a very nice training ride! Goal is to ride most of the time on endurance pace and do threshold/Vo2max efforts on the climbs. Not on the Dogma yet. I'll stick with the FP7.



No comments:

Post a Comment