Sunday, June 8, 2014

The last week. Tapering but not too much

A week before the Trois Ballons now and (not knowing whether the rides turns out good or bad / reflection will come later) I just show you my last week (planned) w,r,t ATL and CTL. Below you can see the picture:


Let me first explain what my goald is w.r.t. TSB for Trois Ballons day (14-6-2014). Basically I know from the past that my best performances come from TSB ranges just below 0. That is, CTL - ATL <0. Now these best performances mainly come from efforts of 1 hour or just a bit longer than 1 hour. In this case the effort will be around 8 hours so I am trying to end up at or just above 0 on Trois Ballons day. With that in mind I planned backwards.
 
Yesterday (7-6-2014) I did the last longer tempo ride which 'bursted'the CTL upwards a bit. Also got cramps again so that sucks. On Monday I will do another tempo ride for 2 hours or so. After that I cannot do anything on Tuesday nor Wednesday (ride to France). On Thursday 12-6 I will go to explore the Col du Chevreres and the Grand Ballon. This will push the TSB a bit down and on Friday some short spinning. On Trois Ballons day I should be fit and relatively fresh.
 
I really hope my main enemy for longer rides (>4 hours) called cramping won't come up........
For that I just bought some new stuff called Go2 AC+ Anticramp drink. Hopefully it works, but probably I fell (again) for a marketing trick.

1 comment:

  1. Please continue writing, I like to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete