Monday, June 2, 2014

All or nothing. Nothing....

Yesterday I rode the BWF amateur championship. A race on a course of 5.2km with 4 corners, broad roads and no wind at all. That's basically a recipe for a mass sprint in the end and that's what it turned out to be. I raced most of the time at the front at the first 10 riders so that was good. If there was an escape attempt I was at it or in a position to close the gap quickly. In the final lap there was an attempt of a few riders in the last 2 km or so and I was with them. Then someone from the back came along very very hard and I did not hesitate and went out all or nothing to go through the last corner first. However, the last corner was still 100 meters away and although we did get a small 20 meters or so it just wasn't enough and you get that image (which you also know from the Tour de France) that you see 2 or 3 riders in the final camera position and the mouth of the sprinting peleton opens and just sucks the riders in...... I did not sprint anymore and gave it a day. All or nothing, this time it was nothing. Maybe next time all ;)
 
Next time will however be in a month or so. This weekend I am not gonna do a race. Instead do a long tempo endurance rode of at least 150km ( I will strive to do 200). And next week Saturday it's Trois Ballons in France.
 
Some race stats:
 
61.7km, 41.9km/h, AP 262, NP 292, VI 1.13, TSS 127, Aerobic Decoupling 5.9%, burned 34 matches. In all it wasn't the hardest race. Below the last minutes of the race.
 
 
Approximately -1300J W'balance at the end when I stopped the effort and let it go. Maybe I don't go to deep, maybe I am a sissyboy, I have no reference but maybe someone else has a clue how deep to go or you can go; it's probably also a mental thing seeing the last corner and THINKING you won't make it and stop pedalling........

No comments:

Post a Comment