Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Trois Ballons 2014: short version

Just a very short story from the Trois Ballons which I rode last Saturday 14-6-2014. I did reach my goal of riding it between 7.15 and 7.45h. I ended up with a time of 7.15.34 (217km), 213 AP / 248 NP / 431 TSS / IF 0.77. This meant place 156 and 80 in my age category 30-39 (I'm 36).
 
So in terms of goal setting it was thumbs up. But there was more to it and end of the day I did have mixed emotions about my ride. I did not achieve my wattage goals for the hills and I had a terrible breakdown after approximately 4 hours (hey, that sounds familiair) from which I did not really recover that well.
 
Anyway. I have had a powerfile from another blog reader who was so kind to share me his powerfile. He ended up with a time of 7.02.07. I will make a comparison with his data and mine in a next post (Trois Ballons long version) and I will give insight on where and (probably) why it went wrong. After that post I hope to describe my planning for the rest of the season. This will however take approximately 2 weeks since I am on holiday now and I don't have the proper tools with me to show stuff....But more importantly, I am spending quality time with my wife and children.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment