Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Introduction


Hello,  my name is Ruud. I have the intention to write some of my experiences with training with a powermeter. This is based on things that I read about the subject, but most of all I try to bring this in practice. Also I will share my files. It would be nice to have comments so I can also learn new things, because I am a layman when it comes to training with a powermeter.

One of the resources I use right now is the book 'Training and Racing with a Powermeter', by Andy Coggan and Hunter Allen. I have also attended a one day powermeter 'course' by Hunter Allen. The rest of my inspiration I get from the google wattage group. That's a very big source of theoretical (scientific) knowledge AND practical experience. Furthermore on the internet there are numerous sources on the subject.

On the commercial side I often read DCRainmaker's site. This is a really good site and also puts things into layman's terms instead of having the focus on science.

The setup of my bike for spring/summer is (currently):

* Pinarello FP7
* Mix of Campagnolo Chorus/Super Record

To register the things that matter I use:

* Power2Max powermeter
* Garmin Edge 500

To analyse results:

* WKO+

And for fun I send to my stuff to Strava:

* Sees_G

The setup for the winter:

* Ridley X-fire
* Shimano 105
* Kurt Kinetic Road Machine

I use Trainerroad which calculates virtual power, because I put my X-fire on Kurt which does not have a powermeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment