Thursday, March 20, 2014

Some (small) intervals

Yesterday had some time to train and decided to do some intervals at end of LT level. Although I did not feel that good (worked to hard for the boss ;) I did have a good feeling after the training. Below a short summary:
 
 
I started with 10 mintes at 330 watt, after that 8 minutes at 320 watts, 7 minutes at 320 watts, and 4 minutes at 330 watts. I have to say it was not a really structured workout (apart from the recovery between the intervals).
 
The ride did have quite some corners in it and I felt I could not get into a proper pace. Tomorrow (if the weather is OK) I want to do a ride with less corners and 4 ten minute intervals @ 330 watts and 5 minutes recovery. Why 4x 10 minutes @ 330 watts (which is at 106% of FTP)? Because I want to build my FTP to (at least) 325/330 watts in a few weeks from now. With my current CTL(54) I am not going to the FTP of 330 watts, but I can make steps with shorter intervals.  I need to be around a CTL of 65 for 330. Next week it's the start of the racing season so from then I will be able to 'train' more on intervals during the races and with some longer rides (Ardennes) coming up the 330 could be there around half/end of April.
 
As said before I am also doing a small analysis on left/right balance, but I find it quite difficult to get some relevant insights from that. Anyway, that's for later (probably next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment