Sunday, March 2, 2014

Up to 40 mins

Four rides this week again which is OK. On Wednesday I wanted to do 40 min at SST but I ended up doing 40 minutes at FTP (304 watts on average). Actually it was even higher than FTP tested a week earlier in a 20 minute test which was the same amount of watts, but taking 95% of this would actually be less than an FTP of 304. I did a few zero offsets during the ride and they were very stable. The feeling was good again and I felt that I could hang out longer than the 40 minutes, which is also good. In addition I had some times in which I saw the watts going to 330 again without having a really hard time. I did feel a bit 'scary' then so I did make sure to keep in around 300. Heart rate went up slowly again to stabilize at around 170. The total ride was 1.50min at 283 watts.



On Friday I did just an hour ride at around 230 watts on the Kurt with -just to get heart rate up a bit- 3 5 minutes at 280 watts. On Saturday afternoon I did the Billats again (you can see a more extensive review on those in a previous post). They felt good.  No real problems, I love them. It 's just very good focused work.


Today (Sunday) I wanted to do a training race, but with my wife we decided we wanted to go to the Carnaval with the kids, so I just did a 95km endurance ride. It went quite easy also considering I rode on my 'heavy' X-bike and the wind.
 
The total week ended up with almost 7 hours of training and 455 TSS.
 
This week I want to do another good SST/FTP week starting tomorrow with 2x20 mins. The fourth day in a row.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, that interval set looks brutal! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad actually. Try it and you'll love it!

      Delete