Sunday, March 23, 2014

Trainingweek to forget

This was a week to forget. After Wednesday I still had some nice plans but unfortunately (a.o. because of the weather) it turned out bad. On Friday I wanted to go ans ride outside, but it rained. When the rain was drying up I jumped on the Kurt and for some reason I just didn't have it. I tried Sufferfest Blender. A 1.45min workout with SST, FTP and VO2max intervals; a nice mix (blend) of it all and a hard workout. So hard (and also because I didn't have my day) I couldn't do the last 3 4 minute intervals at FTP. They hurt just big time and my HR went skyhigh. Again, it wasn't my day.
 
On Saturday I wanted to do the weekend endurance ride, but I became dripping wet from the rain. After 30km I was home again......with the idea not to ride on Sunday since Saturday evening the wife and me had a party.
 
Fortunately I did have the opportunity to jump on the Kurt and did Blender again. I wanted revenge because I just couldn't deal with the thought I couldn't complete the thing properly. I had my revenge, but, it is a very hard workout. Simple.
 


Next week I have to take a critical look at my training planning. Lately it has been very unstructured and I want to try to get the structure in again. I will give an update on how I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment