Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Unplanned FTP one hour

Yesterday I felt really tired. Maybe it was because of work I don't know. Anyway not a good basis for 2 x 20 min SST so i decided to just ride for an hour @ 220 watt and just listen to the music and relax  with a high cadence (on the Kurt).

In the back of my head I had my ride for today (outside) in which I just wanted to ride at 280 watt for an hour (which is around 95% of FTP). 



Since at the beginning of the ride I had no problem riding at or over 300 watts I just made it a ride for an hour for as hard as I could. I ended up doing 312 watt in one hour (NP and 308 watt AP). Not too bad certainly considering I still felt quite good after that hour. I did zero offsets during my ride and virtually no shifts. And if I did see a shift it was in my disadvantage meaning watts could even be slightly higher. Cadence was also quite good on average. But my heart tate data shows weird things in the beginning....and my speedsensor was corrupt (I glued it yesterday on my spoke, but the result was bad as can be seen...)

Conclusion: I am going to put my FTP to 310 watt and adjust my power levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment