Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cold, but dry

Cold, but dry. There was a lot less wind compared to the week before and when doing an endurance ride that always feels a bit better. When you know you have to ride relatively slow and when there's a lot of wind you go even slower...although you can go a lot faster, but hey that's endurance. However, the locals did throw a lot of salt on the road. Nice for all the cycling material....just washed it of my X-bike afterwards. I have noticed that I need a new chain. I can almost pull it off the front chainring. Not good ;)
 
After the ride (approx 3 hours) I had 97 km (guesstimated TSS 138). That was OK and it felt OK as well. Not very tired and that was the goal for today. Taking into account my nasty cough I am satisfied although sometimes I almost threw up because of the coughing. Maybe do a check later this week at the doctor's.
 
Below you see my PMC from last 3 months. After a good start TSS slightly goes down. Several causes: a few days on small holiday, X-mas time, small ilness and a bad cough / cold which still holds. In October TSS was 1343, November 1310 and December 1215. CTL is on the whole rather stable around let's say 40. When am I going to ramp it up? Maybe end of January a bit because of the Tour of Sufferlandria, but I still have to decide on that coming weeks. I haven't planned that one and I am still getting my head around whether I should do it or not. It will probably be just a small peak because sustainable growth will be start around end of February / beginning of March. O well, next Tuesday a new TR ride. Donner, because I will go back a week in schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment