Sunday, January 5, 2014

Return of the dead sheep

Terrible training week. That is, I couldn't do a lot since my throat hurt a lot. Because of that I only felt like I could do something last Friday. I did TR Gray but not at FTP, but at a manageable 240 watt per 20 minute interval. It felt alright. HR was not very high so I got of the bike with a good feeling.
 
Today I went for a 3 hour ride (3.15h it turned out) and rode 97km. First 55m wind on the front and then 42 from behind. I was just riding along next to a dyke towards a village called Kruiningen and suddenly my eyes fell on 4 little feet sticking up in the air. When I came closer it turned out to be a dead sheep. His friends already left him/her because they were standing 100 meters further away. The thing looked kind of stiff. Probably has been there lying for a while......

  
Anyway. I had a nice ride. I guesstimate my NP was about 200. O yes. And this time my fat breakfast did work. I ate some yoghurt, 2 baked eggs with cheese and a bottle of whey protein before I went riding. The last hour I got hungry however so I took a banana (I know...it has carbs in it....). The feeling when I got home it one to keep next weeks. Maybe I am still gonna do Tour of Sufferlandria....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment