Monday, October 28, 2013

Thunder, but light

Got some time to hop on the Kurt. Simple workout of the Intermediate Base I TR program I am following right now (Although I have to admit, I must not do Needham (HOPs) now....;)

Thunder is a fairly low intensity workout with an IF of 0.8. I try to focus on heart rate / breathing instead of the powernumbers (which I have no problems achieving) since this is an aerobic workout. It's important not to get any lactic acid in the legs, adaptions should come not from lactic acid increase. That's for later in the season......save the suffering for last ;)


Most of the time my cadence was around 85 which is just below my normally self chosen cadence. The last interval I wanted to see what would happen to HR if I turned to higher gear with lower cadence, but there was not really a significant drop in HR. End of all, just a good feeling, nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment